Got Goat? What is Goat Milk Soap?
The natural way of looking good and taking care of skin is being preferred by more and more people. This is why people prefer to buy natural soap. Goat’s milk soap has many benefits and is becoming popular.
What is goat milk soap?
Goat’s milk soap is a handmade soap made using goat milk as the key ingredient. This soap is made using the cold process. In this process, acid from fats and oil is mixed with lye (a base) to create a handcrafted soap. Water is mixed with lye during the soap making process. In goat milk soap, the milk of a goat is used instead of water. This helps to make a soap that has a creamy consistency. Goat’s milk has both saturated and unsaturated fats. Saturated fats enhance the lather in the soap, while unsaturated fats enhance the moisturizing effect of the soap.
The benefits of goat milk soap
Goat milk soap is not merely a natural soap but offers many benefits. These include:
- Goat milk has vitamins and minerals. This ensures the tissues in the skin are nourished. This helps to create healthy skin.
- It is a natural moisturizer and helps to keep the skin soft and supple. The combination of glycerine, proteins, and fatty acids makes it a hydrating soap.
- Goat milk soap can cleanse the skin and does it gently. This makes it suited for people with sensitive skin.
- Since this soap is rich in antioxidants, it can help in preventing premature aging. This can make a person look younger.
- Irritation and inflammation on the skin can be naturally healed using this soap. This is because of the anti-inflammatory nature of goat milk.
- Goat milk has a fatty acid called caprylic acid. This helps to lower the pH of the soap and makes it similar to that of the human body, ensuring the right pH balance.
- Goat milk has alpha hydroxyl acids that can remove dead skin cells and help in creating new cells. This helps in repairing skin damage.
- Selenium is a key substance present in goat milk. It can help in preventing skin cancer by protecting the skin from the harmful UV rays of the sun.
- Since goat milk has lactic acid, it can help in preventing acne.
- Goat milk has antimicrobial properties. It can thus help to heal skin infections like eczema and rosacea.
Buying goat milk soap
When you buy goat milk soap, look for a soap that is handcrafted and not store made. This ensures it would be free from chemicals. You can look for a soap that does not have artificial fragrances or colors. This is especially required for people who have sensitive skin.
Whether it is goat milk soap or any other all natural soap, an organic soap provides many benefits. If you are looking for the best soap that is natural and good for the skin, you can consider Suds. This soap helps in the gentle cleansing of the skin making it look beautiful in a natural way.